Monday, December 30, 2013

Shine On

Holiday break.  Some pretty terrific riding, making merry, and family time over the last week has me in a reflective state, and with the news of Scud's passing on to the great trail in the sky, the New Years Resolutions have come gushing forth.  


walk on water
become famous enough to have your own sticker
wheelie like a Wittwer
 be worthy of your gear and your riding partner
inspire a kid

build something
all of the above, and so much more.
It's been a pretty intense week.  And I don't throw this term around lightly, but I can honestly say that I feel blessed just to have stood before Scud, like so many other people, and existed in that moment as the sole focus of his attention and care, which were both enormous.  It was like when you spoke with him, you were it.  He was with you.  
I hope I can carry that forward.  

Shine on, you amazing man.  Someday, I'll meet you at the very top.  

Up, up, up.  

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written, short and sweet post about a man who we all loved. Thank you, Scud, for all that you did for us, all that you showed us, and for who you were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nobody, not nobody, can be as famous as a man who makes an impact on every single person he meets. Scud, heres to you and the rest of us just trying to hang on that wheel. Thanks for the words Dave.

    ReplyDelete