Monday, March 12, 2018

The JGST IS Saturday. Sign up, up, up!

Update from our man of the week, James Gist, out in Colorado.  It's worth a watch and, more than likely, a healthy dose of perspective.



Two things that I'll point out here from his video:
1)  There's an amazing amount of technology and assistance out there for someone battling ALS.  I am deeply and profoundly grateful for that, as well as James' courage to share his story as he navigates it all.
2)  It all costs money.

And that's where we come in.  If you know James, you probably have already chipped in via the PayPal fund that was set up to do just that.  If not, it's time to step up.

Even if you don't know James, you can still donate that way.

Or.  Orrrrr...if you don't know James, but you just plain like racin' bikes, which there is no shame in, you can sign up for the JGST, which is a 1 hour short track happening on Saturday.  It's going to be amazing, under 62 degree bluebird skies, with CAMBC grilled burgers and Green Beer to cap it all off.  And your racing cash will go straight to Gist Family that way too.

Sign up for the JGST here.

I'm going to do my best not to sob and grovel at you this week, but there are no guarantees in life, which is kind of the original point of all of this anyway.

To try to keep it upbeat, I'll now give you the following:
1)  Here's the lap.  This thing will be taped, raked, and ready for you to stomp all over your big ring around by Thursday.  You can tell I'm old because I use phrases like "Big Ring."  But you know what I mean.   I think the lap has the right balance of singletrack and flow but still enough room for Richard Serton to pass you and blow your doors off when he needs to.   Which will be often.  So I hope you'll like it.
2)  I promise you, if we can get him out here this week in some sunshine, I'll put together some helmet cam video of the fastest, raddest leprechaun you have ever seen hucking his green vessel around this course like Nino McSchurter.  So you'll have a sense of how rad it is, even before you show up on Saturday.  I'll post the video up here soon.



That right there, along with the effort to support James as a whole - is the very power of the internet.

Use it the right way.

Step it up, up, up.

No comments:

Post a Comment