Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Your 100% Accurate and Dependable Pantani Weather Forecasts

The weather forecast in February here in the Commonwealth can be difficult to interpret, especially when you're planning on riding Pantani this weekend and your life might depend on how you dress.

On Sunday morning, what does "50's with a chance of rain" actually mean when you poke your head out of the shire and then decide to put pants on before noon for a change?

Allow me to stand in and give a more precise, Pantani-cast.
Suck it, Punxsutawney Phil.

Here's the forecast.

SUNDAY:  60 Degrees and clearing skies.  Chance of a shower, but not really.  When I say a chance, what I really mean is it'll be amazing outside.  Great weather for a hike, Will Leet.

Orrrrrr....

SUNDAY: High in the low 50's, but the really low, shitty ones.  And by 50s, I mean 42.   Rain. But when I say rain, I'm talking about down here in civilization, where life exists.  Back there in the holler, near the top of Brokenback, it's like you're on a different planet, and the heretofore predicted 50 degrees and rain is actually a full on blizzard.  90% chance of frostbite with a 60% chance of Donner party type shit.  Take a weapon and shoot first.

So there you go.  Two forecasts for the price of none.
You
Are
Welcome.
That clears it right up then, eh?

You know, when it comes to the weather, it's OK to be concerned.
But equally impactful when it comes to not perishing on Sunday, is a clear and precise assessment of the road conditions.  For example, will there be a foot of snow back there on the mountain that fell on Wednesday?  Did the county get antsy with the grader and heavy equipment and dredge Fox Mountain right down to the bedrock for reasons that no one can explain?  Is the gravel frozen or so soft that I'll sink in to my hubs?  These questions, sadly, I can't answer for you - because I haven't been back there in a while.  So while I can handle the weather with the utmost of authority, I'll need you, the people, to chime in with your conditions reports pronto.

So please, get chatty in the comments section, for the good of mankind.

Up, up, up.

1 comment:

  1. Last Wed when i was descending Wyatt Mtn Rd, all of the switchback were mini ice rinks. Pucker factor was 11.

    ReplyDelete