Friday, May 30, 2014

Electronic.

Digital integrated artificial intelligence.  

Don't get me wrong, I recognize the sheer brilliance and badassedness of this.  

And I'm the first to admit that I inevitably drop my chain, miss-shift, over-correct, shim the wrong way, under-load, accidentally brake, and generally fuck things up when the going gets loose, fast, and shifty.  So I can't argue that Shimano's development here is not useful.  

But at some point, sooner or later (if not already), you are no longer riding a bicycle.

You 
Are 
Riding 
Robot.  

And we all know how that ends.  

Electronic.  Let there be light and all that.  

But watch your 6, kid.  

These things have a way of coming back in 20 years, even after you smashed the motherboard, and finding you.  

Up, up, up.

No comments:

Post a Comment